Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thermos Intak Water Bottle


After quite literally years of trying to find a well designed water bottle, I finally was introduced to the Thermos Intak. I hate buying bottled water and like to have a drink with me in class, so I tried at least six different water bottles from freshman to junior year. All of them were terrible- they leaked water everywhere. The worst offender was the Rubbermaid Chug bottle, which once popped open in my backpack and drowned my TI-89. Either the mechanism holding the bottle shut was too weak, or the seal between the bottle and the cap was inadequate in every water bottle I tried. The Intak does not suffer from either of those problems.
A rubber gasket insures that the fit between the bottle and the lid is tight. A rubber stopper ensures that no water can leak from the mouthpiece, and the clear plastic lid is solidly held down by two different mechanisms to ensure that it doesn't open by accident. I can throw this bottle in my backpack with my laptop and papers without worrying about leaks.
It is also high capacity while maintaining a reasonable size, as well as easy to grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment