Wednesday, November 9, 2011

MAE 377 Chimney Cover






The project that I was assigned in MAE 377 was a chimney cover that would keep warn air inside of the house, keep rain outside of the house, and could be easily opened of closed. The first step of the design process was to figure out a non-powered way to hold the chimney cover open. My eventual solution used tension and gears to move the chimney cover into the open position and to hold it there. My next steps involved a great deal of sketching. I made rough sketches of how the overall device would work in order to figure out what components would be necessary, and then sketches of each component. Finally, once I had a general idea of components and their dimensions, I began drafting the project in PRO/E, which was a very helpful way to verify that all of my dimensions had been calculated properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment